Wednesday, February 5, 2014

One Minute Writer - My Patronus


I'm signed up with One Minute Writer  which is a cool way to not only freshen up your blog content but it's also a good way to expand your writing and let your readers see that you're much more than a one topic blog.

The topic today is:  if you could have any wild animal as a pet, which would you choose?

My question first is, when you first saw that topic, which animal do you think I'd choose?

Second, I am going to expand this further and say which animal do I see as my Patronus and why?  Feel free to play along in the comments!!!

I would choose the same animal, actually, for a pet and for my patronus.  I'm sure very few would guess that that animal is a badger!

No, I don't have white streaks up the sides of my beehive hairdo...but I think if you really knew badgers you'd understand.

Firstly, they are feisty and scrappy.  These are attributes that not only do I know I have but they're also attributes that have kept me alive and whole my entire life.



Secondly, badgers don't have a problem taking on the entire world at one time.  Tigers, lions, snakes?  Oh my!  They will go tooth and bad ass badger at any of them if that's what they need to do.  Refer back to number 1.



And lastly, badgers take no shit from anything or anyone.  I think they are the animal with the best self esteem on the planet.  I would say "animal kingdom" but a badger's self esteem completely overshadows anything on this planet.  I don't even think they could program higher self esteem in a robot to be honest!

I don't exactly think I am badger worthy yet.  Oh I have some of it going on and I had a lot of it going on "before" (how I describe my life before the Deep Dark Sucking Hole of depression got hold of me!)

Anyway, I know as my patronus the badger would inspire and represent my feisty self, my scrappy self and my kick ass and take names self.  Not only that, my badger patronus would die before letting anything or anyone hurt me.

The badger is and always has been my animal of choice.  A bad ass mother.  Just like me.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I am fragile - please be kind or just say nothing. I thank you very much.