Tuesday, January 7, 2014

A snow, er, frigid cold day!!!!

I was granted a pass to stay in bed ALL day!  Of course, I could do this any day and sometimes I have to but it is especially delicious when I get permission.  It's like the proverbial "snow" day and I plan to enjoy it.

I was in a British kind of mood.  I went downstairs and made a cup of English breakfast tea and planned to have toast with orange marmalade.  Yes, that was until I couldn't get the lid off the orange marmalade.  This was probably G-d's way of saying Dollar Tree marmalade is sooo not worth it.

Next I came upstairs and turned the room pink with a little help from a Susan G. Komen pink lightbulb. I absolutely love it!!!  I lit a gingerbread candle and a sugar cookie candle and turned on Season 3 of Downton Abbey, took up the iPad which I usually leave to Scott now that he so wonderfully surprised me with an iPhone 5c for Christmas!!!!!, and started to blog.

I have to admit I am about ready to bring a box of tea, a contained of sugar and my electric kettle upstairs too but for now I will knit while I watch Season 3.  Incidentally Thomas is a real bulgar isn't he?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am fragile - please be kind or just say nothing. I thank you very much.